Seattle was named one of the best places to go in 2023 and it’s easy to see why. There are so many exciting things to do in Seattle at any time, but in 2023 especially. From upcoming events and concerts to city improvements such as the new waterfront, this is going to be a big year for Seattle.
Here’s all the best things to look forward to in Seattle in 2023:
You can get tickets now for The Friends™ Experience: The One in Seattle ahead of its opening in February!
2. The Seattle waterfront makeover
The Seattle waterfront is currently under construction for a major facelift. The various projects include the Overlook Walk, a park promenade with a bike path, a new public restroom, a redesigned Pier 58 (also known as Waterfront Park), and Railroad Way, a new pedestrian-oriented street and plaza, and even more improvements. You can read about the waterfront’s Overlook Walk.
3. New Seattle restaurants in 2023
Our list of new and returning Seattle restaurants that we’re excited to eat at this year includes:
- Loxsmith Bagels in Beacon Hill
- Kilig, a Filipino counter from a Best New Chef of 2022
- Ox Burger, a Capitol Hill hamburger restaurant opening in January
- Ms. Helen’s Soul Bistro, a Seattle classic that is returning to the Central District
- Ludi’s, a popular Filipino diner that is returning to downtown Seattle in 2023
- And the long-awaited Milk Bar in Bellevue
4. Epic live concerts
Seattleites are always spoiled for choice by the music scene here and 2023 is no exception, with the following upcoming big-name performers coming to the city:
- Bruce Springsteen at Climate Pledge in February
- Sza at Climate Pledge in March
- George Strait at Lumen Field in June
- Janet Jackson at Climate Pledge in June
- Taylor Swift at Lumen Field in July
- Madonna: The Celebration Tour at Climate Pledge in July
- The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie at Climate Pledge in October
5. The return of Bumbershoot
Will 2023 be the year that Bumbershoot Festival finally returns to Seattle? The festival’s new producer told King5 that they expect it to return in full this year.
6. Capitol Hill Block Party 2023
Capitol Hill Block Party is always a highlight of Seattle summers, so we can’t wait to see the 2023 lineup!
7. New exhibitions in Seattle
Did you manage to see all of our top picks for this past fall’s most exciting exhibitions in Seattle? There’s even more to come in 2023 but in the meantime you can still visit some of the exhibitions included on that list, such as the Van Gogh Immersive Experience and Dinos Alive.
8. The reopening of Ballard Commons Park
Ballard residents, rejoice. After a lengthy closure that began at the end of 2021, Ballard Commons Park is finally reopening in early 2023. You’ll be able to enjoy improvements such as new benches, cafe-style lighting, new landscaping, and repaired restrooms. There will be new park activities planned as well in addition to regular maintenance.