Looking for fun things to do in Seattle this February?
Luckily for you, this month is packed with a wide range of things to do in the Emerald City and we gathered them all in one place for your convenience. From live shows and sports games to immersive exhibitions and film festivals, there’s something here for everyone. The best part is that lots of these Seattle events and activities are cheap or even free! We’ll be adding new events to this list regularly throughout the month, so be sure to check back!
Here are the top things to do in Seattle this February:
1. Lunar New Year celebrations
There will be events all around Seattle throughout February celebrating the Lunar New Year. Most of them are free! Check out all your options via our guide to this year’s Lunar New Year celebrations in Seattle.
2. A live concert at The Edgewater Hotel
The Edgewater Hotel—which has an iconic rock ‘n’ roll history!—is hosting Sound Waves: a live concert series at their Six Seven Restaurant. On Friday, February 2, Seattleites can catch a live performance by indie-rock band Certainly So. The best part is that The Edgewater is partnering with Secret Seattle to give our readers a 20% discount to the show with the code SECRET. Get your discounted concert ticket here!
3. Astra Lumina Night Walk
If you haven’t gone yet, the Astra Lumina Night Walk is still being held at the Seattle Chinese Garden for a bit longer. The numerous light displays make for an enchanting evening for all ages. There are currently lots of dates open for February. Get your tickets here.
4. Free museum admission days in February
Planning on exploring a few Seattle museums in February? See our guide to discounted and free museum admission in Seattle.
5. Harry Potter: Magic at Play
This February, Seattleites can step into the world of Harry Potter thanks to the immersive Magic at Play experience. Tickets available here.
6. Black History Month in Seattle
February is Black History Month! Keep an eye out for this year’s guide to Black History Month events in Seattle. In the meantime, we recommend making a date to visit the Northwest African American Museum. Also be sure to make an extra effort to support Seattle’s Black-owned businesses all throughout February.
7. Attend a romantic Candlelight Concert
Need an idea for a fresh date night? Seattle has a Candlelight Concert series that take place in various stunning venues around the city.
Want to gift someone a Candlelight Concert ticket of their choice? Candlelight Concert gift cards are available!
8. See a Lord of the Rings marathon
SIFF Cinema Downtown (previously known as Cinerama) is screening all of the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies during February 2-15. Saturday, February 3 is LOTR Marathon Day, during which you can watch the full trilogy while dressed in costume. Read more here.
9. Browse a Seattle bike swap
In the market to buy or sell a bike (or bike-related gear)? Head to Seattle Center on February 3 from 9:00 to 2:00 for the annual Seattle Bike Swap! Tickets start at $8.
10. Take a Spanish paella cooking class
Learn something new with a date or a friend at this downtown cooking class that will teach you how to make an authentic and delicious Paella Valenciana. Dates available are February 7 and February 29. Save your spot here.
11. Brazilian Carnaval at The Crocodile
Enjoy bold costumes, a dance lesson, and energetic music at the 30th annual Brazil Carnaval on the evening of February 10 at The Crocodile in Belltown (ages 21+ only). Get tickets now on the Show Brazil website.
12. Watch the Super Bowl at a Seattle sports bar
The 2024 Super Bowl is on Sunday, February 11. You’ll want to head to one of Seattle’s best sports bars to watch the big game in a fun environment. Our personal favorite is Rough & Tumble Pub in Ballard, pictured above.
13. Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Seattle
Whether you’re single or taken, we have something fun for you to do in Seattle during the week of February 14. Check out our 2024 Seattle Valentine’s Day guide here.
14. See a discounted movie
Planning to head to the movies this February? Make sure to get yourself a discounted Regal Cinemas Ticket.
15. Attend a Seattle film festival
Love film? There are a couple of cool film festivals happening in Seattle this February:
- Grave Plot Film Fest on February 3 at Ark Lodge Cinemas in Columbia City
- Seattle Asian American Film Festival during February 22-25 in Capitol Hill
16. Experience The Big British Tea
At The Big British Tea event on February 14 in downtown Seattle, you can immerse yourself in the tradition of British teatime for an afternoon. In addition to tea and yummy treats, there will be a panel and book signings. This would be a great Valentine’s (Galentine’s!) Day date. Tickets here.
17. Catch a Kraken hockey game
If you love hockey, you have a few opportunities to catch a game in Seattle this month. The Seattle Kraken are playing five exciting home games at Climate Pledge Arena this February. Get tickets on the Kraken website!
18. See Madonna at Climate Pledge Arena
You can catch the musical icon Madonna on her Celebration Tour at Seattle’s Climate Pledge Arena on February 17 & 18. Tickets available here.
19. Celebrate Twin Peaks Day with a local getaway
Did you know that the show Twin Peaks was filmed just 30 miles from Seattle in Snoqualmie, WA? February 24 is Twin Peaks Day which makes it the perfect time to go on a little day trip or weekend getaway at the Salish Lodge & Spa and see the famous Snoqualmie Falls. See our guide to visiting Twin Peaks.
20. Experience an international cultural festival
On Saturday, February 24 you can head to Benaroya Hall for the annual FIUST CulturalFest. Produced by the Foundation for International Understanding through Students, this event will include an international expo with booths and a performance showcase, plus food! Get tickets on the FIUST website.
21. The Alki Beach winter food truck and beer festival
Head to Alki Beach in West Seattle on Saturday, February 24 for an all-day event that includes food trucks, live music, a polar plunge, and a beer garden. (The beer garden is for ages 21 and up only and requires a ticket purchase.)
22. Cheer on the Sounders at a home game
The Sounders are playing a home game on February 24 at Lumen Field. It’s always an exciting time thanks to Seattle’s enthusiastic Sounders fans! Get tickets on the Sounders website.
23. Emerald City Comic Con
The annual Emerald City Comic Con returns to Seattle from February 29 to March 3 at the Seattle Convention Center located downtown. A few of the featured guests this year include Chris Evans, Christina Ricci, and Elijah Wood. Tickets are on sale now!
24. Go to a silent reading party
If a silent reading party sounds up your alley, there are a few happening in Seattle this February:
- Silent Book Club in West Seattle has gatherings coming up on February 1 & 17 at various locations.
- Hotel Sorrento has a Silent Reading Brunch on February 3 and an evening Silent Reading Party on February 7. Note that there is a reservation fee plus a $20 food/drink minimum per person.
25. Join a Seattle art walk
Love art? On a budget? Several Seattle neighborhoods have free art walks that repeat every month. Read more about the various Seattle art walks.
26. Visit Washington’s state and national parks
If you want to have an outdoor adventure this February, Seattle is within driving distance to three national parks and over 100 state parks. Not sure where to start? Check out our guide to the best Washington state parks or read about more about Olympic National Park, one of our favorite nearby national parks.
27. Eat and shop at Seattle’s weekend markets
Seattle weekend markets are always a good time with food trucks, handmade crafts, vintage wares, and more. Here are the best reoccurring weekend markets in Seattle this February:
- Ballard Farmers Market: every Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Ballard
- Capitol Hill Farmers Market: every Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in Capitol Hill
- Fremont Sunday Market: every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. under the Fremont Bridge
- Georgetown Flea Market: the first Saturday of every month from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Georgetown
- SODO Flea Market: the second Saturday of every month from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in SODO
- University District Farmers Market: every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on University Way NE
- West Seattle Farmers Market: every Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in West Seattle
28. Go out dancing with friends
There’s no shortage of fun dance parties happening in Seattle this February. Check out the options below:
- Chop Suey in Capitol Hill has dance parties every Saturday and Monday night.
- Gold Bar in Capitol Hill has a dance party every Thursday from 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- Neumos in Capitol Hill has DJs and live music every weekend
- Nectar Lounge in Fremont always has live music and DJs
29. Celebrate the end of Dry January at Seattle’s best bars
Looking to treat yourself to a special drink this February? We have several helpful guides to ensure you have a memorable experience at one of Seattle’s best bars:
- The coolest themed bars in Seattle
- The best bars in Seattle according to locals
- Seattle’s most well-hidden speakeasies
- The best places for a mocktail in Seattle