Need ideas for celebrating Father’s Day in Seattle?
We have ideas for every kind of father figure on our list! Father’s Day is coming up on June 18 so keep reading for the best plans.
Quick fun fact: the country’s first Father’s Day was celebrated in 1910 right here in the state of Washington! Sonora Smart Dodd, who was raised by her single father, successfully established the first Father’s Day in Spokane. Her idea spread across the country, and it became an official national celebration in 1972.
In 2023, Father’s Day is celebrated on Sunday, June 18. Here are some things you can do with the dads in your life to celebrate Father’s Day in Seattle that weekend:
1. Take him to Stranger Things: The Experience
Did Dad get cranky when everyone watched an episode of Netflix’s Stranger Things without him? Then you have to take him to the immersive Stranger Things: The Experience right here in Seattle. This experience is a blast for all ages and will probably make him feel like a kid again. Tickets are still available for Father’s Day weekend!
2. Visit the Museum of Flight for free
On June 18, Seattle’s popular Museum of Flight is letting dads in for free in honor of Father’s Day. He just has to have his kid(s) with him! Read about more free museum admission days in Seattle.
3. Catch a Mariners game together
The Mariners are playing a home game against the White Sox on June 18 and the first 1,000 dads get a free talking bottle opener. Before you go, check out our guide to the best food at T-Mobile Park.
4. Enjoy a special Father’s Day meal
These Seattle restaurants are offering special Father’s Day meals on Sunday, June 18:
- Joule in Wallingford has tables for their Father’s Day dinner
- John Howie Steak in Bellevue has lunch and dinner options for Father’s Day
- STK in Bellevue is offering a Father’s Day Australian Tomahawk for pre-order
- Solarium Kitchen & Bar is offering a Father’s Day brunch
- Claim Jumper in Tukwila is having a Father’s Day brunch buffet (and it’s right by the Museum of Flight, so you can easily combine these two ideas!)
5. See a classic car show and live music
Take Dad to the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks in Ballard on Sunday, June 18 for a classic car show followed by a live concert. There is free admission for both events! The car show starts at 10:00 a.m. and the concert begins at 2:00 p.m. See more info on the Ballard Locks website.
6. See a concert at a local winery
The Chateau Ste. Michelle is having its summer concert series right now. On Father’s Day, June 18, you and Dad can catch the Last Summer on Earth 2023 – Barenaked Ladies show! If he likes live music and wine, he’ll love this experience.
7. Have some fun at the Fremont Fair
The Fremont Fair takes place on the Saturday and Sunday of Father’s Day weekend. Take Dad and show him a good time with shopping, eating, live music, and beer gardens.