Get ready to celebrate, Seattle! We finally made it through winter. First we were granted sunsets after 8:00 p.m. And now, we’re getting 70-degree weather in Seattle for the first time in 2023 this weekend.
Read on for all the details!
On Friday, April 28 and Saturday, April 29 the temperature in Seattle is expected to climb into the 70s. The last time Seattle saw temperatures above 70 degrees was in October 2022, when we had a particularly warm and smoky fall.
There is a chance that this weekend will set a new record for April temperatures in Seattle. If the temperature reaches 77 degrees, that will break the previous monthly high of 76 degrees back in April 1968.
This has been a historically cold April in Seattle. We didn’t even reach 60 degrees until just last Saturday the 22nd.
After the warm and sunny weather this Friday and Saturday, temperatures will dip into the 60s starting on Monday. So be sure to get outside this weekend and take advantage of Seattle’s best weather of 2023 so far!
Here are our suggestions for things to do in Seattle this weekend:
- Go to Seattle Boba Fest in the U District
- Go to the last weekend of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival
- Join a free yoga class at Olympic Sculpture Park courtesy of SAM Body and Mind
- Dance around the Maypole at this free May Day potluck
- Stroll through Magnolia at this wine walk
- Shop and eat at a Seattle weekend market
- Have a picnic in one of the stunning parks in Seattle
- Go on a waterfall hike near Seattle
- Take the ferry to Vashon Island
- And more things to do this weekend in Seattle
Important: keep in mind that despite how hot you may feel outside this weekend, bodies of water in Seattle remain cold. The extremely cold water in Puget Sound, our lakes, and other bodies of water can pose a risk to both you and your pets so exercise caution.
Have fun and don’t forget the sunscreen!