In the mood to do some treasure hunting in Seattle this weekend? The 2023 West Seattle Garage Sale Day runs from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. all across West Seattle on Saturday, May 13. This is going to be the biggest WSGSD yet. More than 400 sellers will be participating this year!
Best of all, this Saturday is supposed to see perfect garage sale weather: sunny with temperatures reaching the high 70s. Luckily, there will be plenty of lemonade stands popping up across West Seattle on Saturday.
Read on for all the info you’ll need for this year’s West Seattle Garage Sale Day, including a handy map!
What are the hours?
The official hours of the West Seattle Garage Sale Day are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. However, some sellers may have extended hours and some may even be open on Friday and Sunday. If you check out the full list of sellers (starting on page 6 of the PDF), you’ll see that sellers note if their hours differ.
Is there a map of all of the garage sales?
Yes! Here is a printable version of the map, and here is the online map which lets you zoom in/out, click on each sale for a description, and search for keywords (such as “toys”).
What will be for sale?
Pretty much everything and anything you can think of! If you view the garage sale map or the list of sellers, you’ll be able to read short descriptions from each seller. You can also use the search feature on the map.
Here are some of our favorite garage sale descriptions that we saw for this year:
- 3258 57th SW: “Vintage and designer clothes, studio pottery, vintage kitchen ware, plants! Art! Jewels! Treasures! Cool stuff! A house! Free-$2M.”
- 3910 SW 109th St: “Estate- tools, antiques, canning, camping, clothing, furniture… you name, we probably have & want to sell it. See you soon! We will have Cafe De La Loba food truck from 9 am to 1 pm. They serve coffee, breakfast burritos, & hot dogs for lunch.”
- 7400 Fauntleroy Way SW: “Solstice P-Patch Annual Spring Plant Sale: Variety of plants for sale (perennials, native plants, veggie starts, ornamentals). All proceeds support our giving garden, which donates over 1,000 lbs of fresh organic food annually to the West Seattle Food Bank.”
- 6732 Murray SW: “Boho, trendy home decor, small furniture, and other household items. Kids hosting an Italian-soda bar!”
- 4148 SW Kenyon St: (1st garage north of Kenyon in alley.) “Books, pint glasses, baby stuff, decor, and some late-night online shopping mistakes.”
- 7537 30th SW: “Household goods, kitchen equipment, PC/Networking items, bar stools, West Elm dresser, free golden retriever attention.”
- 9246 34th SW: “Creative, vintage, quirky friends with groovy clothes, crafts, art, vinyl, pop culture collectibles, Seattle souvenirs, handmade jewelry, household treasures galore. Brought to you by the local founder of Seattle Punk Rock Aerobics!”
- 5211 18th SW: “3 millennial moms. Eclectic tastes. Art + Decor. Books + Media. Sports + Rec. Clothes + Kitsch. Gadgets + Gizmos!”
- 5040 50th SW: “Pay-What-You-Can to help us clear out our storage pod and raise money to fix our ugly yard!”
Many sellers mentioned free items, free coffee, baked goods for sale, kid-run lemonade stands (and other refreshments), handmade items, and proceeds being donated to a good cause.
What forms of payment should I bring?
It’s up to the individual sellers but come prepared with cash, cards, and Venmo!
Where should I park?
You should be able to find free street parking all around West Seattle, although it will of course be more competitive than usual. Be prepared to do a lot of walking, and be sure to watch out for pedestrians and children. Many sellers offer parking tips on the full garage sale list.
Can I register to participate as a seller?
Unfortunately seller registration has closed—but there’s always next year!
What else is there to do in West Seattle?
Looking for somewhere to eat or something fun to do after you’re done browsing the garage sales? We have an epic guide full of things to do in West Seattle.
You can find the map, the full list of sellers, and more information via the event page on the West Seattle Blog.
West Seattle Garage Sale Day 2023
When: Saturday, May 13
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (hours may vary)
Where: All across West Seattle