It’s no Portland, but Seattle can be a pretty quirky town in its own right. From naked bike rides to weird statues (and that’s just Fremont!) there’s lots of weird things to see in Seattle any day of the week. We asked our followers on Facebook and Instagram for stories about the weirdest things in Seattle that they’ve seen.
Here are some of the weirdest things in Seattle that Seattleites themselves have witnessed:
1. “It doesn’t qualify as super weird by Seattle standards, but the musical ensemble who wear cat heads in Pike Place Market make me really happy.”
2. “A cat man playing the violin.”
3. “A person painted blue and riding a bicycle naked in broad daylight in the middle of a food festival.” Someone who got lost on the way to the Fremont Fair’s naked bike ride?
4. “A flock of fully nude bicyclists with their whole bodies painted riding the middle of the street waving at people. True story.” We would’ve chalked this up to the annual naked bike ride in Fremont except apparently this happened downtown!
5. “The Capitol Hill jester. Haven’t seen them around in a while but they used to skip around the hill. Always made me smile.”
6. “Phoenix Jones.” (You can read about Seattle’s costumed vigilante here if you don’t know who that is.)
7. “The samurai sword guy incident in the 90s and the guy who used to dress up like James Brown. Haven’t seen him in ages.”
8. “Someone taking gum off the gum wall at pike place market and putting it in their mouth.” Unfortunately, more than one person shared a story about witnessing this occurrence.
9. “Please tell me someone else regularly sees the icon who rides around on a motorcycle dressed up as a dinosaur.” Other Seattleites chimed in that they too have seen this dinosaur.
10. “A guy in a gladiator costume with a makeshift shield and sword just standing at a crosswalk. It wasn’t even close to Halloween.”
11. “Seattle being more sunny than southern California in January. 🤔”
12. “A deer walking down 3rd in downtown about 4 a.m.”
13. “Some guy with two whips putting on a show for some cash, but his bucket was right next to him so no one could walk up to give cash without getting whipped. So then he started screaming at everyone for being ungrateful.”
14. “This guy who owns a coffee shop bought our basketball team, and then some guy flew in from Oklahoma who promised he was going to keep it here, then that turned out to be a lie.” Yes, we’re still mad about the Sonics.
15. “Religious demonstrations outside all major sporting events or concerts. Saw RHCP on their last run through Seattle at T mobile. Immediately went to hell afterwards. Great show though. WORTH IT.”
16. “One of the many weird things, was when I walking my dogs on 7th and Lenora and saw a wild coyote run across the street jump in the shrubs behind me. Then he got spooked and zig zagged down 7th Ave and away he went.”
17. “The 2001 Ash Wednesday earthquake. Was working at Soup Daddy in Pioneer Square, and happened to be on my first break when it hit. Definitely one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed in real time.”
18. “No one dancing, just staring blankly at the performers at a live music show. That’s the day I learned about the Seattle Freeze.”
19. “That ugly troll thing under the bridge. Freaky.” We take offense on behalf of the Fremont Troll!
20. “The sun 🥴 jk”