Looking for vegan restaurants in Seattle?
There’s never been a better time to be vegan, especially if you live in Seattle. First, there’s the sheer quantity of options. Then there’s the vegan restaurants in Seattle that are serving such good food, even non-vegans make it a point to visit them. We’ve narrowed it down to the top 12 Seattle restaurants that are redefining the game with their plant-based menus.
Note: be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for dessert!
Here are the top 12 vegan restaurants in Seattle that you need to try:
1. The Wayward Vegan, Roosevelt
After a temporarily closure, The Wayward Vegan reopened at the beginning of 2023. Seattleites rejoiced over the return of their favorite vegan diner.
📍 801 NE 65th St Suite C
2. The Sushi Samurai, Queen Anne
If you’re looking for an entirely vegan sushi restaurant in Seattle, go to The Sushi Samurai in Queen Anne. They recently switched their menu over to an entirely plant-based model and we’re happy to report that it still tastes great.
📍1817 Queen Anne Ave N
3. Ben & Esther’s Vegan Jewish Deli, Capitol Hill
All you really need to know about this vegan Jewish deli in Seattle is that Lizzo approves.
📍907 E Pike St
4. Cycle Dogs, Ballard
Seattleites (both vegan and not) love Cycle Dogs. This vegan restaurant serves plant-based comfort food and craft cocktails.
📍5410 17th Ave NW
5. Next Level Burger, Ballard
Next Level Burger recently opened a location in Ballard and we tried it. We highly recommend their vegan burgers and shakes for when you’re craving plant-based fast food.
📍1401 NW 46th St Suite 126
6. Plum Bistro, Capitol Hill
Plum Bistro calls themselves “Capitol Hill’s most loved vegan restaurant since 2009” and we can’t argue with that. This upscale vegan restaurant in Seattle deserves its many accolades.
📍1429 12th Ave
7. Araya’s Place, U-District & Madison Valley
Looking for a delicious vegan Thai restaurant in Seattle? We recommend Araya’s Place, which has locations in U-District and Madison Valley as well as in Bellevue.
📍5240 University Way NE.#A (University District); 2808 E Madison (Madison Valley)
8. Pi Vegan Pizzeria, University District
Seattleites love chowing down on vegan pizzas in the cozy booths at Pi Vegan Pizza in the U-District.
📍5301 Roosevelt Way NE
9. Life on Mars, Capitol Hill
Life on Mars is a vegan bar and restaurant in Capitol Hill that specializes in delicious plant-based food, craft cocktails, and vinyl.
📍722 E Pike St
10. El Borracho, Pike Place Market
Craving vegan Mexican food in Seattle? An excellent option is El Borracho, located in Pike Place Market.
📍1521 1st Ave
11. Ba Bar Green, South Lake Union
Ba Bar is a popular Vietnamese restaurant in Seattle. If you head to their South Lake Union location you’ll find Ba Bar Green, which offers a grab-and-go vegan menu plus a seasonal patio where you can eat during the warmer months.
📍500 Terry Ave N
12. Georgetown Liquor Company, Georgetown
The name doesn’t exactly scream “vegan restaurant,” but Georgetown Liquor Company is in fact a 100% vegan restaurant and bar in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood. All of their food is made-to-order in-house, and they have daily happy hour twice a day!
📍5501 Airport Way S B
Bonus: here are our top five vegan-friendly restaurants in Seattle. These restaurants aren’t wholly vegan but the vegan options on their menus are delicious standouts rather than an afterthought:
- Cafe Flora in Madison Valley, plus its Beacon Hill sister The Flora Bakehouse which has vegan cinnamon rolls, natural wines, and a rooftop deck.
- Finch & Pine in Capitol Hill focuses on local, fresh ingredients that are mostly plant-based.
- Arc Restaurant & Lounge in Phinney serves Latin/Korean fusion cuisine with a vegetable focus.
- Uptown China in Queen Anne is a great spot for vegan Chinese food in Seattle.
- Luna Park Cafe in West Seattle recently reopened with the addition of a vegan menu.