Can you guess how many of them are about the weather?
Ah yes, Seattle is a whole world in itself. From cream cheese on hot dogs to the city-wide refusal to use umbrellas, there are some things that only people living in Seattle will truly understand. We wanted to know exactly what those things are, so we asked our readers the question… and boy, did they deliver. Without further ado, here are our Instagram and Facebook followers’ best responses to “Tell me you’re from Seattle without telling me you’re from Seattle”:
1. I don’t own an umbrella
2. Let’s go for a hike!
3. Hello sun ☀️, long time no see!
4. Hey! The mountain is out today!
5. So you work for Amazon?
6. It’s Pike Place, not Pikes Place.
7. I keep 3 different types of raincoats in my car, bc you just never know when you’ll need a lightweight, polar fleece, or juuuuust in between 🌧🌦🌈
8. Pike or Pine?
9. Yeah for sure, we should catch up some time…
10. Which Subaru is yours?
11. Which Starbucks do you want to meet at? The one in the lobby? The one right outside of the building? Or the one across the street?
12. The weather tomorrow will be partly sunny 🌞
13. I walk in the rain without an umbrella 🌂
14. It’s scorching outside! (75 degrees)
15. Dick’s at 1 AM is the only way to go! 🍔🥤
16. “Let’s make plans for next week!” Never hears from them again #seattlefreeze
17. I can pronounce Puyallup, Sequim, Guemes….
18. I’ve never tailgated a college game on land.
19. I’m sure my neighbors are nice people, but I’ve never talked to them.
20. Pike Place Market is where I go to catch a fish!
21. Seattleite: “it’s hot out” – The weather: “80°”
22. You own an umbrella?
23. Coffee is life.
24. 40 degrees with sun: “It’s nice outside today.”
25. I’ve never gone up the Space Needle
26. I smell seaweed. Tide must be out.
27. I frequently ghost people.
28. But the forecast showed it’ll be sunny 🙁
29. This is my favorite hoodie!
30. Let’s have polite conversation about the weather then never acknowledge one another again.
31. No, last month was garter snake season. Right after moss season. It’s spider and frog season now.
32. This isn’t compostable?
33. Don’t like the weather? Wait five minutes.
34. I only wear black or navy blue.
35. No eye contact please.
36. Can you smell the Sound?
37. Puffy jackets for work, for hiking, for formal events, for eeeeeverything.
38. Why did you leave me, Russell Wilson?
39. My Merrell shoes get more compliments than a pair of Jimmy Choos.
40. I want a boat.
41. Oh my god its been so hot these last 2 weeks. I hate it.
42. It doesn’t rain THAT much.
43. Got two styles of shoes: Docs and Birkenstocks.
44. I’m gonna need cream cheese on my hot dog.
45. Summer doesn’t start until July 5.
46. I wear socks with my sandals.
47. Do you have oat milk?
48. I can go to a beach or hike in snow within driving distance.
49. I got dressed to go out for the Fourth of July in a jacket and winter hat😆