We’ve always thought Seattle is the prettiest city in the summer, and now we have proof.
Some people travel for food, others travel for the experience, and many travel to collect stunning photos and video content to share. If you find yourself in the latter group, you may like to know which cities are considered to be the most picturesque in the summer. According to global travel services provider Travelbag, Seattle is the number-five prettiest city in the world to visit in the summer.
Read on to find out why!
We already know from personal experience that Seattle is beyond pretty in the summer—and you probably do too. From Lake Union to Puget Sound, there are many clear and sparkling bodies of water to enjoy in Seattle during the summer. Nearly every day has clear blue skies, so you can almost always see Mount Rainier, the Olympic mountain range, and the Cascade mountain range from the city. Plus, our city is bursting with greenery and natural beauty in the summer—especially in the city parks such as the Washington Park Arboretum.
That being said, there actually is hard data to back this up. To create this ranking, Travelbag analyzed the data behind TikTok and Instagram hashtags for hundreds of cities around the globe. Seattle landed at number five on the top-10 list thanks to the city’s 53,064 Instagram hashtags and 556,900 TikTok views.
Only one other city in the United States was ranked above Seattle. Chicago landed in the number-four spot on the list. So if you live in Seattle and are looking to make a trip elsewhere in the States this summer, you may want to book a flight to Chicago!
The top 10 global cities that are the prettiest in the summer are as follows:
- London, UK
- Paris, France
- Berlin, Germany
- Chicago, USA
- Seattle, USA
- Dubai, UAE
- Sydney, Australia
- New York, USA
- Miami, USA
- Melbourne, Australia
If you’ve never experienced a Seattle summer before, you may want some inspiration for making the most of it. Check out our top guides to things to do in Seattle in the summer, many of which are perfect for a share-worthy photo or video:
- Make The Most Of Sunny Days With This Epic Seattle Summer Bucket List
- 30 Soul-Restoring Things To Do On A Sunny Day In Seattle
- You Can Get Lobster Rolls And Slushies At Olympic Sculpture Park All Summer
- 5 Stunning Waterfall Hikes Near Seattle To Embark On This Summer
- 45 Fun Things To Do With Kids In Seattle This Summer
- Summer At SAM Is Back With Free Music, Yoga, Food, And More
- The 9 Best Seattle Beaches For Swimming, Sunbathing, And Strolling
- 25 Amazing Things To Do This August In Seattle
- 8 Seattle Parks Where You’ll Find The Most Stunning Views
Do you agree that Seattle is the prettiest city to visit in the summer? Let us know!