Ever wonder what a day in the life of a Seattleite is like? We asked our followers on Instagram and Facebook what their daily routine includes. Specifically, we asked: What’s a part of your daily routine that you do only because you live in Seattle? The answers were funny, frank, and in many cases, truly unique to Seattle.
Take a look at a typical daily routine in Seattle:
7 AM: Check the weather.
- “[Check the] weather forecast multiple times per day 🤣🤣”
- Alternatively: “Not checking the weather because it’s ‘cloudy with chance of rain’ 300 days a year 😆 “
“Open door and see if it’s wet cold, dry cold or wind cold.”
- “Run outside when there’s a sun break.”
- “Take a glance to see if the mountain is out.”
8 AM: Get dressed.
- “Decide if I need a hoodie or not for the rain since I don’t own – nor ever will own – an umbrella.”
- “When grabbing a jacket, a sweatshirt, or sweater—make sure you choose the one with the hoodie.”
- “Look for the sunglasses I lost the last time it was sunny (often weeks apart!) 😄”
- “Wear that waterproof mascara.”
- “Select which boots to wear in the morning.”
- “[Check] to see if the shoes they wore the day before are dry enough to put back on.”
9 AM: Head to work.
- “Bring an umbrella but leave it in the car.”
- “Defog the windshield.”
- “Map every drive to see if it will take 10 or 35 minutes to get there.”
“Use the Space Needle and Mt. Rainier to tell which direction you’re heading.”
- “Use my Orca card.”
11 AM: Fuel up.
- “Pick up banana from Amazon truck on the way to office 😁”
- “Have the choice of three really good indie coffee places within a pleasant 3/4 mile walk.”
- “Coffee! Stands on every corner!”
- “Gorge oneself on blackberries while walking anywhere.”
1 PM: Run errands.
- “Shop at Costco.”
- “Park on the wrong side of the street.”
3 PM: Drink more coffee.
- “Coffee after 3:00.”
- “Baste myself and my coworkers in coffee and get weirder with each serving.”
5 PM: Notice the sun has already gone down.
- “Turn on my happy light for some serotonin 🙃”
7 PM: Enjoy your social life.
- “Say ‘we should get together’ with the neighbors then never do it.”
- “Stand outside a music venue in the rain.”
10 PM: Go to bed smiling because you know you live in the best place in the world!
(OK, that last one was from us 😁)