Sunny or rainy, these activities are a must-do in Emerald City! How many do you have on your bucket list?
No matter if you’re a native Seattleite, or just a weekend traveler passing through this gorgeous city, these activities are bucket list-worthy!
1. Space Needle
You have to visit this landmark at least once in your lifetime. Enjoy stunning views of Seattle from the glass benches, or step onto The Loupe, the world’s first and only rotating glass floor. You can even enjoy incredible mixology paired with the tastes of the Pacific Northwest, or soak up the sunset sights from the indoor observation deck’s best seats with a champagne glass, crab sliders, hand-cut Togarashi Fries, and their signature Lunar Orbiter dessert.
2. Visit the Original Starbucks
3. Stroll through Pike Place Market
4. Take a ride on the Seattle Wheel
5. Visit the Aquarium
6. Enjoy an exhibition at the MoPop
This incredible museum offers seasonal and permanent exhibits, and they’re perfect to escape a rainy day in Seattle. Make sure to check out Disney’s Costume Exhibit this season. It’s magical!!
7. Take a stroll through the Waterfront
8. Visit Olympic Structure Park
9. Check out incredible glass sculptures at Chihuly Garden & Glass
10. Get mesmerized by Seattle’s Public Library architecture
11. Visit Seattle’s coffee shops
Seattle is well known for its incredible coffee. Check out these “Charming Coffee shops in Seattle” and enjoy a fun outing with friends.
12. Spend the day at Woodland Park Zoo
13. Watch a Seahawks game at Lumen Field
14. Leave your mark at the Gum Wall
15. Check out Seattle’s incredible skyline from Columbia Tower
16. Visit the Freemont Troll
We have a complete list of what you need to know before visiting this landmark. Don’t forget to check it out!
17. Check out the historic Pioneer Square
18. Take a ferry ride
19. Go sailing on the Puget Sound
20. Visit Boeing Future of Flight
21. Visit Bruce & Brandon Lee’s Grave
Bruce Lee’s grave is a Seattle landmark. You can pay your respects at a cemetery in Capitol Hill.
22. Catch the sunset from Golden Gardens
23. Plan a beach day at Alki Beach
24. Take a stroll through the Arboretum
25. Enjoy Seattle’s skyline from Kerry Park
This place is one of the most popular places to catch Seattle’s sunsets and click a photo of the city.
26. Have a picnic in Gas Works Park
27. Pay tribute to Kurt Cobain
You can find his former house on 171 Lake Washington Boulevard, East Seattle.
29. Cruise around Ballard Locks
30. Go whale watching
31. Visit SAM (Seattle Museum of Art)
32. Say cheese at Seattle’s Selfie Museum
You’ll become the masterpiece at this museum. Check out all you need to know about Seattle’s Selfie Museum and enjoy.
33. Learn more about science at Pacific Science Center
34. Visit Seattle’s Pinball Museum
35. Visit a brewery
Seattle has many great options to visit, but these are some of the best breweries you can’t miss.
36. Try Beecher’s Handmade Cheese
37. Enjoy Piroshky Piroshky Bakery
38. Sample Clam Chowder
You can visit different places, but some of the best are Pike Place Chowder, Lowell’s Restaurant, Duke’s Seafood & Chowder, or Ivar’s.
39. Visit a bar and sample craft cocktails.
Unicorn Bar, Maximilien, Frolik, M Bar, and Nest are some of the best bars to sip incredible cocktails while enjoying an eclectic ambiance.
40. Go for a wine tasting
Woodinville is the place to go. Some of Washington’s most famous wineries are there, and they offer wine experiences you can’t miss!
42. Visit Canlis and enjoy a fine dining experience
43. Catch a show at The Paramount Theather
44. Enjoy a PNW ballet show or the Seattle Opera at McCaw Hall
This is one of the most unique things you can do in Seattle!
46. Go to a music festival
This year unfortunately Bumbershoot and Capitol Hill Block Party are canceled, but Daydream State has put together a two-day event for us!! “Day In, Day Out” is gonna be Seattle’s first concert of 2021, and you can’t miss it!
47. Have a delicious Italian dinner while watching a burlesque show at Pink Door
48. Taste Rachel’s Ginger Beer
49. Get a bag of mini doughnuts at Daily Dozen
50. Grab a burger, fries, and a shake at Dick’s Drive-In
51. Take the monorail to Seattle Center
52. Walk under the rain without an umbrella
This is a must! After that, you can call yourself a true Seattleite! 😂
53. Visit the Smith Tower
54. Go for a hike
This is a very Seattleite thing to do, and if you need any ideas, these 8 Seattle Trails are perfect to hike on a weekend.
55. Visit the islands around Seattle
Some of them are perfect for a day trip, and some are great for a full weekend escape. This article on Islands off Seattle will help you decide your best destination!
56. Visit Seattle’s hidden waterfall in Downtown
57. Visit Seattle incredible parks
They call it the “Emerald City” for a reason. Seattle has many parks in the city that are gonna make you forget you are in a metropolis.
58. Tour the Amazon Spheres
59. Visit the houseboats in Lake Union
60. Take a seaplane flight
61. Kayak on Lake Washington or Lake Union
62. Shop at REI flagship store
63. Visit Volunteer’s Park Conservatory
64. Check out Starbucks Reserve Roastery
65. Browse the local book selection at the Elliott Bay Book Company.
67. Check out the Gorgeous Classical Concerts By Candlelight
You can find these amazing Candlelight Concerts all around town. They’re perfect for a romantic date or for a unique outing.
68. Eat brunch on the hidden patio at Oddfellows Cafe