Looking for the best burger in Seattle?
We asked locals for their opinion on where to find the Emerald City’s top burger. The answers were extensive and varied, but a few places were mentioned over and over again.
Here are the top five places to find the best burger in Seattle, according to locals:
Love it or hate it, you can’t escape the Seattle institution that is Dick’s Drive-In and its multiple locations around the city. This is reflected by the number of Seattleites who nominated Dick’s for best burger. One local said that if you want a fast food burger, it’s “hard to beat” Dick’s. Another declared it “a hit every time. Their prices have doubled over the last few years but very convenient and good quality.” Finally, one Seattleite summed it up thusly: “You gotta try a bag of Dick’s.”
Several Seattleites called out Red Mill Burgers as the best place to get a burger in Seattle. Here’s one local’s review: “Great ingredients, lots of choices, local business, best sides too. Great value.” They have two locations: one in Phinney Ridge and one in Interbay. Note that both are closed Mondays.
Uneeda Burger in Fremont also got several mentions from Seattleites. According to one local they have the “best burgers and shakes.” Not sure what to order? One Seattleite notes that “their lamb burger is the bomb,” and another says that “their french fries are okay but their sweet potato fries and onion rings are fantastic.”
4. Lil Woody’s
As one Seattleite put it: “Lil Woody’s is the 🏆👑” Another local called out their onion rings in addition to their burger but recommended the Capitol Hill location over the Ballard location.
This humble bar has an equally humble but much-loved burger. As Loretta’s puts it themselves, they’re “a neighborhood outpost where drinking is a priority, but also happens to have a really good burger.”
Want to try even more burgers in Seattle? Here are a few other honorable mentions that received fewer but equally passionate shout-outs:
- Scooters in Ballard: “They do fries right too.”
- Dreamland in Fremont has “great burgers.”
- Jack’s BBQ in SODO “has a bbq brisket burger that is the best burger I’ve ever had” (only on Wednesdays though!).
- Burgermaster “is hard to beat for an all-around great experience.”
- 206 Burger Company “is an amazing place to get a burger. Great food and amazing customer service.”
- Two Doors Down’s Firehouse Burger “is delicious.”
- The Metropolitan Grill has “the best happy hour burger,” which recently returned to their menu.