The annual Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day is back this weekend and some of the best Seattle museums are participating.
In the mood to enrich your life with some art and culture this weekend? This Saturday, September 17, 2022 you can get one free admissions ticket of your choice from several museums in Seattle and the surrounding area. The ticket is good for one person plus their guest. Tickets must be purchased online ahead of time.
Read on for all the details about this free museum day!
This will be the 18th annual Museum Day hosted by Smithsonian magazine, who calls it “an annual celebration of boundless curiosity.” The event creates an opportunity for all to be immersed in art, culture, history, and learning regardless of financial barriers.
Just some of the participating museums in Seattle and the surrounding area include:
- The Museum of Pop Culture, 325 5th Ave N, Seattle, WA
- Museum of History and Industry, 860 Terry Ave N, Seattle, WA
- National Nordic Museum, 2655 NW Market St, Seattle, WA
- The Museum of Flight, 9404 E Marginal Way S, Seattle, WA
- Museum of Glass, 1801 Dock St, Tacoma, WA
- Fort Nisqually Living History Museum, 5519 Five Mile Dr, Tacoma, WA
- Washington State History Museum, 1911 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA
Ready to get your free museum day ticket? Head over to Smithsonian’s website and choose from the full list of participating museums in your area. Then you’ll be able to immediately download a one-day ticket that is good for you plus one guest. Planning to bring the kids? If the museum you choose has free admission for children, then your child will not count as your guest.
Be sure to hurry and get your ticket today as the quantities are limited and sure to go fast!
Note: You may only download one ticket per email address. Once you select a museum, you will not be able to change your selection.