In the heart of the North Cascades wilderness, Ross Lake Resort is the perfect plan for the summer.
Ross Lake Resort offers different experiences, you can opt to stay at the resort, fish, boat, hike, or camp surrounded by impressive nature. Enjoy a safe and memorable adventure with friends or family in these floating cabins.
Stay at the Ross Lake Resort
This unique stay is made up of 15 floating cabins and a marina, nestled in the heart of the North Cascade Mountains. They are open seasonally, from mid-June through October. If you’re looking to book a room, we recommend joining their waiting list or checking their last-minute availability table.
Ross Lake offers different accommodations, their cabins are fully furnished and they include kitchens, bathrooms, electricity, and hot water; also, they will provide towels, bedding, tableware, and pots. Prepare ahead and bring your own food, cause there are no restaurants on-site.
If you’re planning on visiting, your choices of accommodations are:
- Little Cabin: small and cozy, furnished with wood stove heat, a full kitchen, a bathroom, one queen bed, and a bunk bed.
- Modern Cabin: with a perfect view of Pyramid Peaks in the morning, these cabins are fully furnished, with 2-3 twin beds, and a bunk bed. Made up for 1 to 6 people.
- Private Bunkhouse: perfect for larger groups, with a combined kitchen-dining-sleeping area, full kitchen, bathroom, and 4 to 5 bunk beds.
- Peak Cabin: two-story cabins with an open loft, a queen-size bed, and two twin beds. This option is perfect for up to 9 people.
With 58 campsites along the shores of Ross Lake, your weekend experience will be fully equipped with fire rings, picnic tables, vault toilets, and bear-resistant food boxes. A backcountry permit from the National Park Service is required for any overnight camping.
Visit for the day
If you’re just looking for a quick day trip, there are many ways you can enjoy Ross Lake, and this includes boating, paddling, fishing, and hiking.
Ross Lake Resort offers boat, and paddle equipment rentals that you can enjoy for the day, including motorboats, kayaks, and SUP’s. You can visit their Equipment Rentals Page for more information.
Enjoy a hike through the North Cascades National Park. Apart from breathtaking views, this park offers accessible trails, scenic strolls, or steep mountain hikes. There’s a trail for everyone.
If you choose to stay close to the water, you can enjoy fishing on Ross Lake, which is one of the most popular activities. The Resort has rods for rent, and tackles for sale. You can ask the staff for more information about the fishing conditions, and safe techniques. Fishing season is open from July 1st through October 31st. Make sure you check the Washington State Fishing Regulations for Ross Lake before fishing.
Some of Ross Lake recommendations are:
- Beware of the weather, it can change quickly and without warning.
- There is no restaurant or store on-site
- Know your skill level before performing any activity.
- Be prepared for the elements
- Do not overload your vessel
- Paddle early in the day to minimize wind exposure
- Wear your life jacket
- There is no cell phone coverage on Ross Lake.
There is NO direct access to Ross Lake Resort, but there are 2 different ways to reach the destination, you could hike in, or take a ferry. Make sure to visit the Ross Lake Resort page for more information.
Also, see: 7 Vibrant Things To Do On A Sunny Day In Seattle