This Thanksgiving weekend is already packed with festive things to do in Seattle, from the Seattle tree lighting celebration in Westlake Park this Friday to the Magic in the Market festivities taking place at Pike Place Market on Saturday. In case you have room in your schedule for one more holiday event this weekend, we’re sharing all the details about this year’s Seattle Center Winterfest.
The opening day of Winterfest takes place this Friday, November 25 at Seattle Center. There are lots of festivities planned for the opening day celebration, but don’t worry if you can’t make it. Winterfest will continue all the way through the end of December.
Read on for all the information you need to know about this year’s Seattle Center Winterfest!
For the opening day this Friday, November 25 there will be a full day of activities. This is a free, family-friendly event with both indoor and outdoor locations. Here’s the schedule:
- From 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. you’ll be able to visit this year’s Winter Train & Village in the Seattle Center Armory.
- Check out the Armory Stage at 2:00 p.m. for some live music.
- After that, head over to the International Fountain Plaza to see some impressive ice sculpting from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- If you need some downtime, you can chill out while watching holiday movies for free at the Seattle Center Armory from 3:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- At 4:00 p.m. head over to the International Fountain Plaza where you’ll find fire pits and food vendors until…
- The countdown starts at 5:15 for the fountain, Seattle Center, and Winterfest to be lit up!
- To conclude the event, there will be a DJ set and light show at the fountain called Fountain of Light from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
After the opening day, Winterfest continues throughout the rest of November and December with live performances on the Armory Stage every weekend, an ongoing scavenger hunt at the Winter Train Station, and a daily campus light show at 6:00 p.m.
For even more info about Winterfest, visit the Seattle Center website.
Seattle Center Winterfest
When: Friday, November 25 to December 31
Where: Seattle Center