Pumped for National Ice Cream Day, Seattle?
We are too. We did a little digging to see if any of our favorite ice cream shops are offering special promotions in honor of the holiday. As it turns out, several local ice cream shops in Seattle as well as fast food chains and grocery stores are offering free ice cream, discounts, and more this Sunday.
Here is where you can celebrate National Ice Cream Day in Seattle this weekend:
1. The Pastry Project, Pioneer Square
The Pastry Project has a seasonal soft serve window every summer with treats that we can’t get enough of. This Sunday they’re celebrating National Ice Cream Day with WA Dairy Farmers. When the soft serve window opens at 3:00 p.m. on July 16, the first 100 people in line get a free soft serve cone with a topping.
2. Molly Moon’s Ice Cream, multiple locations
You can find Molly Moon’s Handmade Ice Cream at nine locations around the Seattle area. Head to any one of them on Sunday, July 16 for a surprise gift included with your purchase. These range from free ice cream to ice cream cakes and merch.
3. Salt & Straw, Ballard & Capitol Hill
We haven’t see any National Ice Cream Day promotions from Salt & Straw ice cream shops. However, if you head over to their website you can get a free pint of ice cream with purchase of three pints on July 16.
4. Shake Shack, multiple locations
You can get buy-one-get-one milkshakes from Shake Shack when you order via their app or online from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. all through July. Use the code SHAKEITUP at checkout.
5. Wendy’s, multiple locations
Raise your hand if you love dipping Wendy’s fries in a Frosty. You can get a free small Frosty from Wendy’s with the purchase of a small fry from now through National Ice Cream Day on July 16.
6. Whole Foods, multiple locations
Prime members can get 35% off all ice cream and frozen treats at Whole Foods, while non-Prime shoppers get 27% off. This promotion runs from July 5 to July 18.
Looking for more ice cream? We haven’t seen anything about National Ice Cream Day specials from the below places, but they’re still among our favorites in Seattle for cold treats if you’d like to check them out anyway:
- Milk Drunk in Beacon Hill has a new S’more Sundae that’s only available on Sundays this July.
- Frankie & Jo’s scoops up vegan, gluten-free ice cream at three locations in Seattle.
- Fainting Goat Gelato in Fremont is one of our favorite places for gelato in Seattle.
- Shug’s Soda Fountain and Ice Cream is a charming and delicious old-school ice cream shop at Pike Place Market.
Have a sweet weekend, Seattle!